Our Mercury Glass is such a popular candle in our studio - we have decided to offer to our on-line friends. This glass container measures 3 1/2 inches tall and 3 inches across - and holds 4 ounces of wax. This is a cute addition to any country chic decor.
Properly burn and care for your candle…
- One important rule is to trim candlewicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning. This will give you a much cleaner burn.
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch on fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable items and decorations.
- Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when a 3/8″ wax remains in the container. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and smoking. Drafts can also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire. Never burn a candle under a ceiling fan.
Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times. If left in the wax pool, they could catch fire when you next light your candle.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Today’s newer homes are built very airtight nowadays and the air exchange rate is very low.
- Never touch or move a container candle when the wax is liquid or molten. The outside of the container will still be hot to the touch.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children or pets.