The best thing about our dough bowl candles, besides smelling ahhhhhmazing….
Each candle has 2 lb of Soy Wax - and now has 6 wicks!
Each wooden dough bowl is hand-carved and measures approx. 13 1/4 x 9 1/4 x 2 1/2. (Each is hand carved, so dimensions will vary). Each candle does hold the same amount of wax.
- *Our Wax Flowers and Refill Kits ARE NOT included with the purchase of a dough bowl candle - they can be purchased separately!
Please understand these are wooden bowls made to look rustic from raw wood. Some may have knot holes, scratches, knife marks, saw blade marks, sap or minor cracks. These are not defects. These are a natural part of a bowl that has been made from raw wood. Size, color and shape will vary. We do try to minimize these for each bowl however, cannot guarantee your bowl will not have any of these character marks.
We have added an extra wick - from five to six wicks - to ensure a better, more even burn for your dough bowl candle!
Soy wax tends to burn cleaner and for a longer time than traditional paraffin wax. Paraffin wax is petroleum based whereas soy wax is a natural more eco-friendly choice. By buying a soy wax candle you are supporting the American farmer and his soy bean crop. Soy wax is also bio degradable, and cleans up with soap and water. That makes reusing your containers much easier.
Candle safety is top priority with River Chic Candles.
We do not use lead wicks. Our pure cotton wicks are designed to minimize "flare ups" and soot. Customers wishing to consume every drop of wax are urged to use safety tested wax melters.
Properly burn and care for your candle…
- One important rule is to trim candle wicks to 1/4 inch each time before burning. This will give you a much cleaner burn.
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room or before going to sleep.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch on fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, bedding, carpets, books, paper, flammable items and decorations.
- Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when a 3/8″ wax remains in the container. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface and prevent glass containers from cracking or breaking.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, and smoking. Drafts can also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire. Never burn a candle under a ceiling fan.
Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times. If left in the wax pool, they could catch fire when you next light your candle.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room. Today’s newer homes are built very airtight nowadays and the air exchange rate is very low.
- Never touch or move a container candle when the wax is liquid or molten. The outside of the container will still be hot to the touch.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children or pets.